Big Data Engineer
We dream big!
Together, we make great things happen. We like to create sophisticated and innovative solutions and provide real value both to our clients and employees.
We hire exceptional people and keep them happy. We don’t compromise on people quality and we maintain a fun, supportive, friendly work environment. We pride ourselves on working smart because we know you have a life outside the office.
We are currently looking for a passionate and experienced Big Data Engineer to design and develop data-centric solutions.
You’re passionate about data and new technologies and have experience using them to deliver data-centric solutions. You ‘get’ Big Data and Cloud computing and you have experience in handling vast amounts of data – working on database design and development, data integration and ingestion, designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques.
You are someone with a drive to implement the best possible solutions for clients and work closely with a highly skilled data science team. You are equally comfortable talking to clients to understand their data as well as designing the ingestion process to store the data and prepare it for analysis.
The successful candidate will be part of a team creating innovative cloud and desktop-based data-centric and analytics solutions. Core responsibilities will be to develop, maintain and support a variety of data pipelines and infrastructures, both cloud-based and on prem. The candidate must be willing to learn and master new skills around a spectrum of the latest big data technology stacks.
Key Technical Skills – 2 to 3 years minimum experience
- Worked on all phases of the data warehouse development life-cycle
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL and BI stack
- Expertise in the design and development of SSIS packages, including building efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transforms and type 1 and type 2 changes
- Developed ETL scripts to enable daily processing of multi GB data sets into a data warehouse.
- Expertise in data analysis, star schema data modelling and design, specific to data warehousing and the BI environment
- Knowledge of best practices around indexing and query performance
- Experience in performing DBA tasks
- Experience working with clients throughout all phases of a development project
In this role, you will initially be using
- Azure Data Factory v2 for ETL
- Azure Data Warehouse
- SSIS to extract data from Azure SQL, on-prem Oracle, on-prem SQL and other legacy databases into csv files for polybase.
- Creating views to be consumed by Tableau or other BI tools
- Supporting clients with technical issues.
Advantageous Technical Skills/Experience
- Creating/maintaining Hadoop clusters
- Cloud based No Sql databases
- Spark development
- Azure Data Lake/U-SQL
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- PowerShell, scripting and automation
- C# and Microsoft .NET Development
- Experience with Jira/Jira Agile
Non-Technical Core Skills
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- All round excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Willing to extend skills in other areas such as analytics and data science
We offer a very competitive package and an environment stimulating innovation and initiative.
Joining us will give you plenty of opportunity to use and expand your soft and technical skills and see real tangible benefits from your work.
Every team member is given the opportunity to engage in game-changing projects for large international organisations, not confined in the Greek market space but stretching across Europe and beyond.